The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (the College) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the full-time position as:
Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College is responsible for the general administration of the academic and student affairs of the College and reports to the President. In the absence of the President, he / she exercises and performs the functions of the President.
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs provides leadership and executive oversight for a broad range of operations, including the Academic Divisions, Curriculum Development, Student Services, Counselling Services, Library Services and Employee and Program Development.
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs reports directly to the President but works closely with the Academic and Student Affairs Committee of the Board and the Academic Council.
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs is a member of the senior administrative team. He / she is expected to work collegially with other administrators and staff in order to maintain strong academic quality across the institution and provide administrative solutions that support the academic mission of the College.
- Assist the President in the development of College academic programs and procedures
- Advise the President on the effectiveness of College academic programs and procedures
- Coordinate College academic programs
- Arrange College wide faculty timetables
- Oversight of academic divisions
- Oversight of student & counselling services
- Oversight of Library services
- Oversight of employee and program development
- Advise on curriculum development
- Coordinate examinations in consultation with Registrar
- Supervise the preparation and staging of major college ceremonies
- Act as President when necessary and in keeping with CFBC Act
- Prepare standard & periodic reports as required by the Office or requested by the President
- Any other related duties as assigned by the President
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Successful leadership experience in corporate or higher education.
- Outstanding analytical abilities to drive fact–based decision making.
- Strong people-relations skills, with the ability to relate to all levels within the College Community and Board of Governors.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- A Doctoral Degree in a related field.
- A Minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership in a corporate or higher education institution.
- Evidence of leadership in teaching, research or community service.
Applications should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
- Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
- Police Record
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with current salary structure at the College.
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
and addressed to
The Chairman of the Board
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College,
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is 01 March 2019. Late applications will not be acknowledged.