QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must possess one of the following;
- at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
- or at least 5 years of industry experience as an Executive Chef
- or at least 10 years of industry experience as a Sous Chef
- Successful experience teaching in higher education, preferably in a two or four year college will be considered an asset
- Qualification in teacher education will be considered an asset
- She/he is expected to practice, advocate and promote the highest standards for scholarship, academic achievement, honesty and professional integrity.
- Teach the practical and theory aspects of the culinary arts food courses at the College
- Manage relationships with Industry and distributors
- Follow the budget established by the Finance Department
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Manage kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
- Maintain a sanitation schedule for the kitchen which will be expedited by the learners
- Monitor food and labor costs
- Keep up with industry trends, for the purpose of implementing
new, creative and innovative ideas.
Applications from Qualified Applicants should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Police Record
- Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
- Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
All application documents should be scanned and submitted as one email file to:
and addressed to
The Chairman of the Board
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College,
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is July 20, 2018. Late applications will not be acknowledged.