Monday 24th July, 2017 (St. Kitts & Nevis) – The Honouable Eugene Hamilton, Representative for Constituency #8, will be holding his inaugural Youth Conference on Saturday 29th July, at 10:00am, at his home in Cayon. The theme for this year’s Luncheon is “Empowering Youths to Keep No. 8 Great!” Lunch will be served to over one Hundred (100) youths between the ages of 16 and 35 attending this personal and professional development interactive Conference.
The objectives of this Conference are to:
- Empower youths in Constituency #8
- Bring together youthful minds to discuss idea-focused on a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder
- Provide a platform to engage youths on issues that impact them the most
- Discus what strategies and initiatives can be developed to address issues thereby impacting change
The youths will be engaged in lively and timely discussions by experts and luminaries in the following disciplines:
- Education and Scholarship Opportunities
- Entrepreneurship and Business
- The Arts and Entertainment
- Financial and Economic Development
- Crime and Violence – The Youth’s Perspective
- Youths in Politics, Their and Responsibilities
Our Featured Guest Speakers at this auspicious event are:
- Analdo Bailey – Personal Financial Management
- Delwayne Delaney – Business and Startups
- Walcott Hilocks – Youths in Politics
- TruCapo – Arts and Entertainment
- Laughton Percival – Crime and Violence, A Youth’s Perspective
This is a part of the long list of activities that Minister Hamilton and members of Constituency #8 have planned for the youths. Last week Saturday was a Youth Social held at the lawn on the Frigate Bay Road. The Youth Social was a prelude to the upcoming Youth Conference.
Many thanks to all who assisted in putting these events together and many thanks to all who contributed their time and / or resources for our youths.