Residents in Cayon and keys are hereby notified that rationing will commence effective today Wednesday 21st March 2018 starting 10:00 pm to 5 am nightly.
We are in the midst of the Dry Season and are experiencing reduced inflows from our surface water sources and storage in our wells. This exercise is to ensure that consumers have service during peak demand times (mornings and evenings).
We encourage consumers to observe the following measures that will help mitigate the remainder of this dry spell.
• All residents, government and private institutions should make the repair of leaks a priority
• Persons without cisterns should explore purchasing large storage containers (500 gal. or more)
• Businesses should implement a water management contingency plan which should involve daily monitoring of water meter
• Government should ensure that critical institutions (hospitals, schools) have onsite standby water storage receptacles, based on vulnerability
• No washing of vehicles with water hoses
• Mandatory no watering of grass
• Strict monitoring of standpipes
• Fine or disconnection of service for violation of above, where applicable
The Water Services Department apologizes for any inconvenience this interruption in service may cause. Consumers are asked to continue to be vigilant and contact the Water Services Department at 465-8000 for any other related concerns.