BASSETERRE (22nd Dec., 2017): On Tuesday 26th December, J’ouvert celebrations will be in operation from 4am to 10am through the streets of Basseterre and the western side of the Bay Road. As a result, there will be no access from the Western side of Port Zante between 7am and 11am.
Please note the changes below:
• The Western Section of the Bay Road and Central Basseterre will be restricted to vehicular traffic.
• All pre-booked tour buses will be parked in the Eastern Splash zone and the Eastern General parking area and will depart Port Zante via the Eastern exit during the period 7am to 11am.
• Independent tours departing the eastern exit of the port will be required to take the bypass road or Taylor’s range route to depart Basseterre.
• The Historic Basseterre section of the island tour should be completed at the end of the island tour rather than the beginning as downtown Basseterre will not be accessible.
• Passengers arriving in the Marina will be met by their local tour agent and guided to their vehicles parked in the area designated for pre-booked tours in the Eastern location.
• Only taxi operators whose numbers are in a rotation will be permitted to park in the Eastern splash zone or general parking area.
• No private vehicles will be permitted to park in the Eastern splash zone or general parking area.
These changes will have no effect on tours returning to or departing the port at 12pm as it is anticipated that normal traffic flow will resume at this time.