Basseterre, St. Kitts, August 21st, 2019: The Department of Sport will host its 36th Independence Anniversary 10 miles road relay as a part of the National Independence celebratory activities on Sunday 8th September 2019. The road relay will begin from Tabernacle via Cayon and finish at the Independence Square. The two categories of participation are primary schools and high school /clubs. Each primary school team will consist of three (3) males and three (3) females who will run one (1) mile each, which will cover a total distance of six (6) miles. This race for this category will commence at Cabbage Tree Cayon. The high schools/clubs will have five (5) males and five (5) females who will run one mile each to cover a total distance of 10 miles. This race will begin in Tabernacle. The races will start at 4:00 p.m. Each participant will receive a T-shirt.
Monetary prizes, trophies and medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category. The monetary prize will be given to the schools/club.
Primary Schools: 1st – $600.00, 2nd – $400.00 & 3rd – $200.00
High Schools/ Clubs: 1st – $1000.00, 2nd – $700.00 & 3rd – $400.00
The Ministry of education school buses will transport athletes to and from the event. One school bus will leave Newton Ground via Cayon at 2:30 p.m. and from Sandy Point via Basseterre at 2:30 p.m. and pickup from Walwyn’s gas station at the bottom of Victoria Road.
Persons desirous of competing must note the following:
- Registration is free and can be done through the Department of Sports or email email@example.com
2. Registration forms will be given to all educational institutions and will be readily available at high schools, primary schools, SKN Athletics office, CFBC and AVEC
3. There is no age restriction.
4. Registration forms are also available at the Department of Sports located at the Kim Collins Athletic Stadium as well as the Ministry of Sports office located upstairs in the cable building on the third floor.
5. Registration can also be done on the day of the event